Monday, April 2, 2012

A Dream

Standing before me was a large crowd, and behind them stood two crosses standing erect against the skyline. From the crowd emerged Jesus, and as He approached me I asked him, "What's going on here?" He responded by telling me that He was about to die for me.
I didn't understand. Why? This I not how it should be. He shouldn't have to die for me. It is my sin, not His. I pleaded with Him to let me take my punishment; let me take the condemnation that I deserved.
At first, He didn't respond. He just wrapped His arms around me and squeezed tight. Then He whispered, "Bro, I've got this. I love you so much that I would rather be beaten and killed than have you spend eternity apart from me. I want you with me forever. I love you. This is my pleasure; my gift."
Then He gave me one last hug, turned, and walked back towards the crowd where my sin was placed on His shoulders.
He took the punishment that was mine so that I could find forgiveness. His death brings me life. For that, it is my responsibility and pleasure to live a life that brings Him glory; a life that shares His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment